The Inversion Conditions map displays:
- Current Air Temperature at 30 ft (9 m) in degrees F
- Current Air Temperature at 5 ft (1.5 m) in degrees F
- Winds (mph)-- The Wind Barb is an "arrow" that depicts the wind speed and direction. The "feathers" of the arrow indicate the wind speed while the dot end of the arrow indicate the direction the wind is blowing toward.
- Dew Point Temperature in degrees F
- Difference between the 30 ft and 5 ft Air Temperature in degrees F
Normally, air temperature decreases with height (no inversion). During inversion conditions, air temperature increases with height.
This map is updated every 5 minutes.